To this end, the Flaine Environmental Observatory started up in 2007, is compiling an inventory of fauna and flora and landscapes. From 2014, 2 new issues will be addressed: hydrology and agriculture/forestry.
Following up on this positive experience, the Giffre Ski Area is setting up its own environmental observatory.
Our work towards minimizing our mark on the landscape is borne out by a number of measures, including:
- Replanting which enables works carried out in the summer to be reintegrated into the landscape. Aside from restoring the landscape, it also reduces erosion and helps to maintain the snow cover in winter… Once again this year, 28.75 hectares were treated.
For 2013 alone, this equates to : 1500 tonnes of compost, 3 tonnes of mineral fertilizer and 2.37 tonnes of seed mix specifically adapted to suit mountainous terrain.
- Dismantling the power line at the top of the Grande Platières.
- The removal of 51 pylons, 6 stations and 7 km of cabling following lift replacement.
- A campaign to paint white pylons grey so as to be less visible both in summer and winter.
- Destruction of the concrete footings of old lift systems.